Thursday, January 28, 2010

The table was set ~ Fancy Nancy Style

I threw my 3 year old a Fancy Nancy birthday soiree this weekend.  That's a fancy way to say party.  Have you heard of Fancy Nancy?  She is a character in one of Tessa's books who LOVES everything Fancy!


I took advantage of my new favorite thrift stores and found old mismatched china and hankies to deck out the table.  I tried to pay under $1 for the plates and tea cups, but I just had to have the Rose plate which was $2.  (I told you these thrift stores are Awesome!)  I even found the pink cloth table cloth for $3.  Woo hoo!  See why I just have to go every week.  The party supplies were my excuse to go. . . what I am going to do now?  Ha ha!



We had to have sandwiches with frilly toothpicks because they taste better that way.  We also had parfaits with sprinkles (just like Fancy Nancy).  And pink strawberry cake was perfect for our soiree.



3 comments:

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

OMG, what a great idea and a wonderful mom thing to do Holly. SO much fun.

Yes, thrift stores are AWESOME. I have 85 full size mismatched china plates in my collection, they are so fun to use when you have guests. I also wrap toile around them and tie a nice big bow for the guests and they can unwrap their plate! At thrift stores in Minnesota, they are between 1 and 3 dollars usually.

Also I have a RAK on my blog if you are interested in the offerings, Jane (I think you will be)

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

Looks like a fun party!

eclectic archivist said...

Gotta love Fancy Nancy!