Monday, January 25, 2010

Sister LOVE

My second project for Mystic Paper came together so easy because the "mini album" part came as part of the Cosmo Cricket paper in my DT kit.  You just punch it out and fold it to assemble.  Then I glued the bottom to make pockets for lots of journaling tags.  If you have never tried Cosmo Cricket paper, I suggest you check it out.  I loved the die cuts from this line.  Embellishing was simple and fast!

Below I quoted the journaling I did on the hidden tags. . .

"I never knew the special bond two sisters share and how it ties them together in LOVE. I never knew."





"One day Tessa was leading Isabella around the house saying, 'Walk with me friend.' "

Fun Technique:  I started with a paper die-cut, but chipboard also works great.  Cover entirely with Stickles.  Allow to dry.  Cover entirely with Glossy Accents.  Dry.  The result is a sparkly embellishment that almost looks like a glitter globe.


"Oh how my girls love to PLAY. Games. Peek-a-boo! I see you!"

" Big SIS ~ A princess, dramatic, girly."


"Lil' SIS ~ A lover, subdued, spunky."

"So different and also so alike."


"There is something about the way they look at each other that warms me and lifts me right off the ground."


"God could not have given me any greater blessing than my two LOVES."

I really fell in love with this paper line and especially this project.  I can't wait to get it back from Mystic to hang on my dress form in my "happy place."  I will share more about my "happy place" soon.  Hee hee.

Love and {hugs},




3 comments:

Mary Brockway said...

OH! I so love this one!!! Thanks for sharing, Hols!!!

eclectic archivist said...

Your projects are lovely!

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

You did a great job on this one!!