Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Peace

I've decided to share more than just projects, but also pictures and stories and moments from my day. I think that sharing here will help me to stop (daily I hope) and reflect on the good things in my life. Plus, like a good friend told me, you all can catch up with me everyday without even having to meet me for a Frap.

Doesn't Tessa look peaceful here?

I had a supremely peaceful moment on my drive home from Payson Monday. I happened to time the trip in between the rain storms we have been having. Lucky you might say, but I am more inclined to think it's a God wink. (More than just coincidence.)

I was turning and twisting my car and my cargo through the mountains when I realized I was actually thinking and pondering and enjoying the scenery. I took a quick glance at the girls in the rear view mirror, and (wonder of wonders) they were not asleep, but instead were also looking out the windows, pondering, staring in wonder.

The clouds were low in the green, wet trees. Poofs of mist trailed along the mountain tops like they were tiptoeing on tiny blades of grass. All around me beauty and Peace as far as I could see. This quiet awe lasted for what seemed like forever. (About 30 minutes.) Unbelievable and wonderful Peace. And wonder like looking through the eyes of a child.


Until. . .



Brrunmmnppp!!!! "Oh my God, NO more looking at the scenery!" I took a curve too wide and went on the bump strip which sent my heart in to palpitations and gave me an adrenaline shot worth way more than chugging a Mt. Dew. Oops.

I must also share that I was too afraid to stop and take a picture of all this wonder. Afraid I couldn't get back on the highway, afraid to lose my quiet, afraid the boogyman would get us, afraid I would stop and take a horrible picture, afraid I would be late for Tessa's appointment that day.

I don't want to say I regret not stopping, but I do. I'm going to stop regretting now though and move on; and pray for another chance to stop and not be afraid.

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear, but of power and love and self confidence." 2 Tim 1:7

1 comment:

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

Sweet story - very cutie Pie children, so glad you were able to enjoy the day and stay on the road! I too try to blog more then cards, it's about it all, I think. Hugs, Jane