Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Tea Cup Tuesday

This is my first Tea Cup Tuesday post.  I decided to go ahead with one, though my cup is sorely lacking a matching saucer.  Hope that's okay, {grin}.  This lil' pretty is currently my very favorite.  That being said, I don't know a lot about tea cups.  I suppose it speaks beauty and softness and girlyness and grace to me, and so... I love it.

I love the laurel wreath~banner shape of the flowers and the gold around the base and rim.  I most recently tried Tazo Passion tea in this cup, paired with homemade coffee cake, delicious.

The fancy handle makes me giddy. The photo doesn't show, but it has a touch of a gold stripe also.
 
The stamp is very off-centered and you can see it says, Royal Stuart Spencer Stevenson.  Call me crazy, but I think the crown is almost as pretty as the rest of the cup, hee hee.

 But my very favorite thing about this cup is the indented shape.  Kinda special, but again, I'm no aficionado.

6 comments:

Terri said...

I think your saucer-less cup is a lovely one! The roses are beautiful, and I love the crown on the bottom too!
The shape is one of my favorites as well.
Thank you so much for joining in Tea Cup Tuesday! We love coming to visit. I hope we see you again next week.
Hugs,
Terri

Lynn said...

Hi Holly -
Your teacup is charming ... so dainty and sweet. I'm a new follower of your blog and look forward to reading more in the days to come. Thanks for visiting Cottage and Creek. Your comment made me smile. Today is a much better day!
Blessings ... Lynn

Tara said...

Such a nice little cup. Perhaps one day you will find a saucer that matches the pattern or at least the colours of the cup. But for now, I'm sure it is nice to drink out of even without it's saucer :)

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

very pretty teacup! not to worry about the saucer, am pretty sure you gonna find it one find day!.. thanks for sharing. have a great day!

Jane said...

Hi Holly,
I agree with the others, that is a very pretty teacup, it looks very delicate.
The pictures of your girls in the snow in your previous post were absolutely adorable!!
Thanks for stopping by my blog and following. I'll do the same!
Jane

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi: Welcome to Tea Cup Tuesday. So glad you could share your beautiful tea cup. I hope that you will be able to be a part of next week's party too. You will meet so many wonderful ladies that share their love of tea and tea cups. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Martha