Monday, February 15, 2010

Tea Time

Tea for me or tea for you.  Tea for us because we're two.

I played the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week using the paper and embellishments from my Mystic Paper design team kit.  I love how Graphic 45 paper offers such versatility.  It's fun to study it and think of all the possibilities.  Like, "What can I do with this?"  My DT captain, Sheri, furthered the challenge by asking for two cards.  I enjoyed trying to give both cards a different feel.  Here is the first card.


The tiny card on the front is popped up and has two interactive flaps to open.




The inside of the card has a pocket for a tea bag with a strawberry Garden Creative Scraps label.  These Crafty Secrets sheets of labels were a blast to work with.


If you saw my gnome post, there I cut out individual images from the labels and used them as the gnome hat (a lovely rose print), the belt buckle and other garden frippery to tuck in here and there.  Come back tomorrow to see my second card for Mystic.

Love and big {{HUGS}} this beautiful Monday morning,

3 comments:

Priscilla said...

WOW Holly, I love your card this week and so happy you joined in the fun. Your warm tones along with your beautiful dp and wonderful take on the sketch really make this card a keeper :) I would have a hard time parting with it. Thank you for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenge this week. I hope you had a wonderful Valentines Day.. I “LOVE” that you are around to share with us and your work fills my heart with joy. Hope your weekend was filled with lots of love and of course crafting ;) Be sure to check the sneak peek.
Sending LOVE your way <3 <3 <3
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Holly, I am glad you joined us this week for the MMSC! Your card is just delightful, I love the layers and the surprises that lie beneath! The clock image is such a grea touch. There is such a warmth here - fabulous! I am loving it! It is great to have you playing along this week with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge your cards are such a delight to see. We look forward to seeing you next week!
Linda MMSC Design Team

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

Great card, Holly!! Nice job!!