Thursday, February 18, 2010

I "Heart" Theater!

Don't you just love the movies?  This card was fun to put together once I came up with the idea.  I used this week's sketch from the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.  Gotta love em for the inspiration they bring.  Thanks gals!  Creating this card triggered memories of all the phases I have been through with regards to theater.
  • Riding in my aunt Cherrie's car to the movies with all the cousins, taking turns sticking our heads out the sun roof.
  • The first movie I saw without my parents was Look Who's Talking. The beginning was pretty risque and embarrassing for my age.
  • Ditching my mom to sit with a friend for Jurassic Park.  (Poor mother dear was totally freaked!)
  • Edgar Allen Poe The Raven at Gammage.  (English geek, yes I am.)
  • Titanic in the old Payson theater.
  • Driving to Superstition with my older than high-school beau (now hubby) for a flick and a mall crawl.
  • Renting movies and getting Papa Murphy's every weekend in Washington State.
  • My virgin musical, Wicked.  Got hooked, saw Lion King & Little Shop of Horrors.  (Side story: Until the playbill was in my hand, I thought I was seeing "The Little Shop of Whores" about a man-eating plant. Hahahahaha!)
  • Now movies are a. . . well, a delicacy to be savored when allowed the pleasure.

Isn't that fun when crafting helps you reminisce?  Maybe that's why I love this card so much.  Or maybe it's the awesome paper.  Don't you love Graphic 45?  I handmade the silk flower and customized the center beads to coordinate with the papers.  I used a cool curved stictch on my sewing machine to soften the straight edges.  Really I let the paper do the walking.  :)


 Thanks for stopping by.  Just think...tomorrow is Friday!  Celebrate!


7 comments:

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Holly - I have to say straight up I LOVE YOUR CARD!!! Everything about it is perfect! What a lot of cutting with those keys and they look great threaded through the bling loop! your image is just stunning - this is one of my favourites Hollo - so very well done! Thanks so much for joining us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week, it is always a pleasure seeing your cards and we look forward to having you play along next week! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team

Carol Hurlock said...

Holly...this card is not just lovely...it is filled with excitement-pizazz-thrilling-and entertaining. Looking at this is like experiencing the re-invention of card making. Marlene Dietrich would be who comes to mind in this presentation as she was always reinventing herself during her career. How utterly brilliant and vivacious this is. You have got it going on Girl and your blog read with this is the piece d'resistance! Filled with wonderful fabulous memories! Thank you for playing along with us this week at Midnight Madness. It was an absolute delight to visit and see this stunning piece of work.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :o}
Midnight Madness Design Team

Priscilla said...

WOW..this is one of my faves this week..WOWZER :) nough said :)Thank you so much for joining in the fun this week at the Midnight Madness sketch challenge blog. I wanted to just let you know that the MMSC42 Sneak Peek has been posted. It may look intimidating, but I hope you give it a go and just have fun with it. I will be posting the CAS sketch on Tuesday. I can’t wait to see what you come up with :)
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

Well look at this my friend, this is so freakin' cute!!!! I have always loved your style and this is NO exception!! Fabulous!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Midnight Madness. always glad you see you. I hope you are feeling better. Blessings, Jane

eclectic archivist said...

Holly your card is stunning!!!!

Michelle's Daydreams said...

What a Stunner! I love all the vintage details and texture. What a gorgeous flower too! Thanks for playing along with us at the Midnight Madness this week. :) Michelle MMDT

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow!! Look at this vintage creation with all the details and texture!! Gorgeous flower and colors. Such a beautiful take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with Midnight Madness this week!