Monday, July 18, 2011

Wild Woman

Here is my first project for Mystic Paper this month.  The 7gypsies paper and the wallpaper border in my kit just spoke something western to me.  Maybe it was because I was surfing around the blogs right during the Paper Cowgirls event and that inspired me, but when I found the Crafty Secrets wild woman image, the chimes rang and the lightbulb flashed and angels sang, "Aaahhh."  I love that moment when it's like, "Okay, I can do this.  Yes."  Vision and the feeling it gives me once imagined always shocks me a little.  Isn't that funny?

Well, here she is...my collage board.


My "Wild Woman."  I painted a Glimmer Chips frame white (super sloppily) and rubbed it with Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink.  I loved the old west look of it.

White paint and ink on grungeboard letters.  Up in the top left corner you can see some of the flowers I cut from the wallpaper border.  Love that stuff, so luscious in color, weight and texture.

Dictionary clippings: Prarie Fairy

Tie a yellow ribbon round the old oak tree it's been three long years..... (that's all I know.)  :)  Goodness do I ever love seambinding.  And did you notice, I couldn't help myself from using crepe streamer (once again) to make a sumptuous ruffle, just the touch of western femininity I wanted.  Oh and with the Brushed Corduroy ink.  Yeah!

Don't forget to click over to see the other gals Design Team projects (the lovely Sheri and Jenna).  And check back tomorrow for my scrapbook layout for Mystic.

1 comment: