Wednesday, February 22, 2012

blue, MISS you

So much to share in this post.  :)  First, my lovely and talented friend Mary gave away a $25 gift certificate to Saturated Canary Digis on her birthday.  Isn't she the sweetest?  Well guess what, I won.  Boy was I tickled too, as I had been coveting admiring them as I watched her color some of these beautiful, fun images.

So here is my first creation with one of the digis I got called Honey.  I made it for the Saturated Canary Challenge #11 to make a card that is neither square nor rectangle.

I love this digi SO much because of these pictures I have of my older daughter Tessa (now 5!) in my brother's combat boots.  These were taken a couple years ago when he lived with us.

She stole them as he was getting ready to leave for work.

And then she began to pose.
 
Vogue.

So anyhow, I'm going to send this card to my brother who is still in the Air Force, but is currently stationed in Korea.

You know what they say about clouds right?  This photo shows off the sparkle a little better.

She sure was fun to color.

Especially these boots!
  

6 comments:

Sandi said...

I adore how you fanned out her skirt, just great. Hugs

Vicky said...

This is gorgeous & I love the colours you have used. The photo is priceless how totally sweet does she look.

Thank you for joining us girlies over at Saturated Canary Challenges, good luck hun.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Loopylou. said...

he he he he!! omg she is so gorgeous in those big army boots!! what a cutie and your card shows the memory so perfectly!! its just fabulous.
thank you for playing along with us over on the SC challenge blog!
hugs Lou xxx

Mary Brockway said...

Love, love, LOVE that girl!!!! I'm so glad you've caught the SC bug! Superb card, my friend :-) Thanks for playing along with Saturated Canary!

xox

Christie said...

Such a sweet card! I love the photos of your daughter too...the image is PERFECT!

Alisa Noble said...

So stinkin' cute... both the card and your daughter!

Thanks for stopping by my blog.