Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Tissu Che'rit Le Journal Gift Kit

Not long ago, I participated in a wonderful Fabric Journal Gift Kit swap with my Marie Antoinette Mail Art Group.  My partner was the fabulous Debi who sent me the most gorgeous kit of delicious goodies.

Right when I opened the package I knew it was going to be special.  The doily was made by her husband's aunt at least over 40 years ago.  Debi wrapped each of my THREE boxes in pink tissue donned with lace and roses.  Inside that, two different sized Eiffel tower book boxes filled to the brim with journal making marvelousities.


Gosh this box of hand dyed fabrics, appliques, and doilies in the softest pinks and neutrals was positively Swoon Worthy!  The materials she sent were so totally inspirational for the journal I was about to create.


Vintage laces and trims and ribbons to make my mind go ga-ga with the possibilities.


A sweet floral hankie, stamped muslin, rosettes galore.  And tiny tied boxes perfect for trinkets and jewels.  And last but not least, the most demure little birdie girl you ever did see.


Was I spoiled?  Definitely.  Did I love it?  Every second.  {Grin}

You may click HERE to see the kit I sent lovely Debi.  It was just delightful to put together for her.  And be sure to check back soon to see my completed journal.

3 comments:

Something Special said...

You were so very spoiled. All that absolute loveliness for you! You are very lucky! I have recently been spoiled too with swaps I have been involved with. I love blog swappin!

debi said...

Holly, I'm glad you enjoyed your goodies. I had so much fun putting it together for you.
And of course, I LoVed everything you sent me too! This was such a fun swap!

Terri said...

Oh my Holly! What a generous and gorgeous box of materials! You are going to have fun with this!
Hugs,
Terri