Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day Circa 1920's

Last year I shared a 1950's Valentine from my personal collection.  It was from my great-grandparents to my grandpa.  So sweet.  This year I wanted to share one of my great-grandmother's Valentines.  I'm guessing it's from the 20's or earlier as it has her maiden name on the back.

The card itself is super thin paper, glad I have this scan as it looks about to crumble.  The front has such gorgeous color, embossing, and gilding even around the heart.

Then the inside is ever so precious.  I adore the scrolly print image around the sentiment.

Here are my tiny Valentine sweeties.


My little one is obsessed with her tutu and wears it everyday.  (Luckily today it looks great with her new pink and red striped socks.)

Hope you have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

Terri Gordon said...

Oh Holly, You are so lucky to have these beautiful Valentine's. I love to see young people like yourself cherish vintage things. They are beautiful. Happy Valentine's Day to you and your family. By the way, you have the sweetest little girls, they are so cute. Hugs, Terri

Congratulations again for your beautiful heart. I am sending your goodies out tomorrow.

debi said...

Holly, your daughters are absolutely adorable!! And if I was that cute and had a pink tutu, I would wear it every day too! lol

Mary Brockway said...

Such Sweeties!!! I haven't seen those Izzy pics before :) Cuteness!