Thursday, September 02, 2010

Trinkets and Treasures Trump Crazy Town

Last week was a total whirlwind let me tell ya!  My husband was called out of town to work.  Work out of town is much better than no work at all, so I can not complain.  Okay maybe I can just a little because he wasn't home for my 30th birthday.  :(  It was hard without him, but my parents came to visit with an ice cream cake and personal, pampering presents.  (Side note: God bless all you mother's out there, I never realized what hard, servant's work it is.)  My hubby sent the most beautiful exotic looking flowers I have ever seen.  Which was so unexpected and out of his "thrifty" character I balled!  :)

Then Wednesday I prepared and taught a pretty detailed make n' take to some of the gals in the local scrapbook group I run.  Thursday I packed and loaded my car with 2 projects with looming due dates (and all the stuff I might need to create them), everything for my daughter's 2nd birthday including the stuff to make decorations, and of course my baby girls!  That night and Friday I finished up and turned in the projects.  Saturday I made decorations and got ready for the party.  Still no hunny yet.  He arrived 40 minutes into my daughter's party.

Then after the 2.5 hour party, we got in the car and drove back to Phoenix to celebrate my birthday with friends.  We drove through the craziest rainstorm I have ever seen.  And all on curves with no pull-off areas.  (Luckily we didn't make it to Phoenix earlier as there was a 69 car pile up from the sun shining on the wet  freeway.)

So party time (10 of us!) and I ate cotton candy and rode the Mechanical Bull at a place called Saddle Ranch.  Hahahahaha!  Isn't that cool?  Now I have that thing, that story to remember about my milestone day.  (And still the bruises to prove it this week.)  We stayed in a 4 star near the restaurants and clubs and with out the girls, I got to sleep in until 9:30am!!  Then back to my mom's house to pick up my girls, who by the time we get there are at a friend's, son's birthday which we stay and hang out at too.

Finally Sunday night we are home again, home again jiggity jog...

So I owe you pictures of my flowers, my make n take, my 1 project (the other was the Halloween card I posted), Izzy's birthday, and the bull ride. (still laughing?)  But for now, some pretties.


In the midst of the craziness last weekend I was able to go to the yard sales with my dad.  And I swear the Lord gave me the desires of my heart.  All week I had been literally dreaming about Friday yard sales and hoping for and imagining old costume jewelry, old books (I'm on a quest for a ledger), and paper dolls.  Above is the jewelry I found.  The aquas and pearls are my favorites.  The shoe buckles will be perfect for a Halloween Shoe swap I am in for my Marie Antoinette Mail Art group.



And check out these amazing books!  No ledger, but two are FRENCH! One is a novel in French and the other is a leather covered French Proununciation Dictionary from 1808!!  (Aaaaahhhhh!)  Then another with poetic verse and frilly print on each page.  The last is Pear Culture, a manual with beautifully drawn pear and tree figures, circa 1850's  And to think I almost didn't get out of the car!!  My dad was looking out for my when he saw the old books, and called to me saying "bring money" when he saw the French.  Hee hee.
Gotta love crusty old books!



I leave you with a close up of my favorite finds.  You'll have to come back tomorrow to see my cool paper dolls as I forgot to photograph them and now it is dark.

Love ya!  Thanks for visiting.  :)


2 comments:

SunflowerKasey said...

What beautiful finds! You did good. Makes me want to hit some yard sales.

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Holly...what fabby finds you have...I especially love old books and you really hit the jackpot with the one from 1808!!! Fantastic! Aren't you glad you got out of the car!!!
Thanks for sharing!
Hugs,
Charlotte
XXX