Sunday, July 12, 2009

Oh how I love fLoWeRs!

Now for some true scrap talk. . .

Below is a simple flower I made, first I punched out the design with my Paper Shapers flower punch. Then I cut a circle to go behind it. I distressed the edges with the side of my "knife" file. Next I turned the file and basically sawed little lines in the white core cardstock.


The next flower is probably the most fun and creatively rewarding embellishment you will ever make. Yes. I REALLY love making these. Mary showed me how to do these about 2 months ago now, and the finished product still impresses me every time I make one. It's a lollipop flower.

1. Cut graduated circles.
2. Use file to really rough up the edge of each circle.
3. Stack the circles.
4. Poke a hole through the center with a paper piercer, and attach a brad.
5. Moisten the circles by spraying with glimmer mist or plain water.
**The fun part ---> 6. Crumple and crinkle to your little heart's desire. TIP: It helps to do each layer separately.
7. Once you have it how you like, use a heat embosser gun/tool to dry and set.
(You can also add some paint in blotches before or after you heat set.) I love how it comes out all crunchy and just too cool!


Now you have a perfect embellishment, custom made to fit the design and colors layout. Oh, that reminds me, I have a color challenge I promised I would work on tonight. Gotta run!


Holly,Siggy,Rhinestone,Name

No comments: