Thursday, July 11, 2013

Where Bloggers Create 2013

I am so excited to take part for my very first time ever in this years Where Bloggers Create.  This has inspired me to get back to blogging more often.  I miss it!  I have been crafting away, but I miss the writing and the connection.  I can't wait to see everyone's inspiring posts!  Here it goes with mine (photo heavy) I had fun with this, though the lighting was frustrating so the pictures are a bit blurry.  Sorry!  Have fun!


One of my favorite collections (okay, I have lots of favorite collections!).


Stickers, Thickers, and other alphas

Trying to make my space more Project Life friendly.  I plan to start in January 2014.

I love my tins and spice jars full of vener.

8 Track holder turned ink pad rack.

I made this fun tray!  Gotta fill it up more, for now I am just loving it.  :)

Journals and Smash books.

Metals and blacks.

Pastel, 3-D pretties.
A few of my old books, and magazine bins full of my Somersets.

Ever changing cubbies.

My new washi storage.  They were in a cubby above, but the one I wanted was forever in the back.  This is a jewelry/tackle box with the lid removed, stuck in a drawer.

Another bookselve full of things I love.


More crepe paper, string, chipboard, hankies, appliques, chandelier crystals, old special laces.


I think...I like tins...a little.

Just put these all up today, made me smile.  The silver one that looks blank is actually a mirror.



In the closet.  The pretty side. Fabrics by color and my sewing box.

My pride and joy.  This took forever!

And ever!

The messy side of the closet. (Doesn't look too bad actually.)

 Oh here we go... KEEPIN' IT Real!
The floor after I cleaned off the top of the bookcase today.

 Keepin' it REALLY REAL...
Lots and lots of empty storage containers.  I can't seem to get rid of them.  There is also a TV off to the right.  My little girls play and snack in here too (see the pink tray?).

There you have it.  I call it my happy place.  It's a work in progress, coming along.  Hope you enjoyed it.  Sorry again for the awful photos.
Thanks for stopping by.  XXXX!

20 comments:

Unknown said...

tfs............closet looks like mine lol
lv hw u displayed alpha
very pretty

cathy @ ma vie trouvee said...

ohhh and I am the first to leave a comment : ) welcome to the party! What a pretty space you have - I love all the soft pastels colors. I could dig through that lace drawer of yours! and thank you so much for showing the messy side - I showed one too : 0 and now I know I am not the only one out there with a mess! have fun visiting all the blogs - it is very inspiring!

Sharon said...

Hi Holly, what a privilege to be commenting first. I love your craft space. It is warm and inviting. Lots of gorgeous lace and storage ideas. I'm following you as I have also promised myself to start with Project Life soon. Enjoy touring the other blogs, I sure am going to. hugs Sharon

the paper addiction said...

Such a cute room and I love the wall colout. I am currently obsessed by it. Thanks for sharing xx MIchelle

HI! I'm Tabitha said...

I love it...such pretty trims..a never ending issue..i keep meaning to take pictures but i keep forgetting
hugs

Carmen said...

Holly, I like the Marie Antoinette inspiration! Your space looks like fun and I love your organization. Thanks for sharing! :-)

Marlynne said...

Such Organization! Good for you! Love those little blue lambs1

Leanne said...

I really like your space. I am beginning to wonder if I should take all my vintage jewelry boxes etc and stack them together instead of scattering them around my room. (Well, I think they live on the same shelf set....)

Beansieleigh said...

I had to smile when you mentioned having "lots of favorite collections".. I feel like I've read that more than once today! LOL!.. I could say the same thing for sure. But don't call me a packrat.. I'm a "collector"; and it just so happens that I have a great appreciation for many things! Nothing wrong with that, right?!! (o; Loved seeing your beautiful creative space, aka your Happy Place! Loved the old jewelry boxes, your collection of laces... Thank you for sharing, and hope you're enjoying your weekend! ~tina

Unknown said...

Love all your storage.
Showcasing your pretties are so fun! Love the "Maries" I saw.

Thank you for letting up peek inside.

Happy Crafting
Tracie
http://homeofthepurskey.blogspot.com

The Old Parsonage said...

Hi Holly

Love your style - we have similar taste!

I'm off to become a follower!

Leann

StasaLynn said...

Welcome! Your space is sweet and beautiful. I hope you have a tutorial for that tray - love it! I can see why this is your happy place! It would make anyone happy. Glad you joined this year! Take care!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Love it, Holly! You've got some great things in here. I love when supplies even look good on display!

suziqu's thread works said...

Hello Holly!
I have so say my first impression of your studio space is "pretty and peaceful" with the tones of aqua and pink. Love especially those pretty boxes stacked up on top of your white shelving.
Thank you for sharing it with us!
Suzy

bobbie said...

You rock the pastels! Thanks for the peek ~

Maureen said...

Wow! Wrapping all that lace may have taken hour and hours, but boy it was worth it - they look great and so organized that way!

What a lovely room Holly; I adore those baby planters - so cute!

Thank you for the tour!

cindy-stitches-n-stuff.blogspot.com said...

I love how you've used the soft pastel colors. Beautifully organized.

hugs
cindy@stitches

Karen Valentine said...

Hi Holly! Your studio is just lovely!! There are so many wonderful things in there to play with! Thank you so much for participating in WBC this year! You were a joy to visit!
xo,
Karen

Laura S Reading said...

I love looking inside other crafters studios and storage spaces.
I came over looking for your tutorial on domino books. I am going to spend a littletime enjoying your posts.

You shared how you have those little frames hanging. A lightbulb went off for me. I have some of those too and need to display them! Thank you.

debi said...

Holly, your room is wonderful! Lots of fun, pretty things to play with!!