Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Kitschy Kitchen Recipe Album (Part 1)

Did you know I adore Melissa Frances products?  That's why I was thrilled to work on my project for the Mystic Paper design team this month.  I decided to share my Kitschy Kitchen recipe album with you in installments versus as a Slide show.  This way you are able to click on the images to make them larger for viewing details.  I only took photos of the super embellished pages.  The kit comes with 18 recipe cards, but not all of them are pictured.

Here is what I did with the already awesome kit (part 1): 

To the edge of the kitschy cover, I added Tim Holtz Picket Fence crackle paint.  I made a little apron out of the corner of a hankie and some of Mystic's cute trim.  I discovered that the cream polka-dot ribbon was double sided!  Perfect for a little twist and turn.  :)  Then I handmade a ribbon rose from some of the coraly colored kit ribbon.  I framed a Crafty Secrets strawberry image behind another Melissa Frances piece.  I used Glossy Accents for the shiny parts of the strawberries and to make the word "Recipes" pop!  Did you notice my gal's little pearl earring?  The pearls come in the kit, too.

To make this recipe album really special, I took photos of kitschy things that I love from my kitchen.  The creamy part of this plate is all crackley.  I love it.  I kept singing, "These are a few of my favorite things!" when I was creating this album.  I had to add the pink rhinestones from the kit to the cherries.  The Campbell's girl and the other stamps in this album are from a Crafty Secrets set.  (Available at Mystic Paper of course!)  I cut out the definition of bread for this "Breads" tab.

More Crafty Secrets images and pearls and Mystic trim.

The rest of the hankie wrapped around a "Top Secret Recipe," pinned with a Tim Holtz element.  The cute sticker was in the kit.

 My favorite bowl and the definition of soup cut from the dictionary. 

Peas postcard and another Crafty Secrets stamp for this soup page.  I fan folded crepe streamers and glued the strip to the back of this recipe card for a little different texture.

Well, thats all the yummyness for today.  Be sure to come back tomorrow for Part 2.  Also, don't forget to stop by Sheri and Jenna's blogs to see their August Design Team projects.

Ciao for now!

3 comments:

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

I saw this in the store yesterday. LOVE the way you used the hankie! Great job, Holly!

debi said...

OMG! Holly, this is absolutely adorable! LOVE your little hankie apron on the front!
What a wonderful project!
I love MF too.

Phyllis said...

Holly, Congratulations!! Your little project is just AWESOME!! Love all the many details especially the handkerchief.

Phyllis MMDesign Team