You know you're a mother when...
- You (indulgently) spoon feed a sick princess chicken soup, so she can give Mickey Mouse her undivided attention.
- You pour your luke-warm, okay face it... cold, chicken soup into a tall, clear drinking glass to gulp down on your drive to the dentist. (Hey, at least you brushed and flossed this morning, right? Yes, pretty sure, you think, running your tongue over your teeth between chugs of noodles.)
- The second your head touches your pillow, the princess' creeps off hers and you realize its tomorrow already.
- You sit in a steaming bathroom peering by nightlight into the face of an angel who keeps catching you looking and through her weariness smiles at you every time which makes your heart flutter.
- In between feeling sorry for your boo, and blissfully enjoying the cuddling, you wonder... does this sauna-like room count as exercise? Did I remember deodorant this morning?
- You let said sick princess crawl into your bed and listen to her breathe for a few hours.
- You give up your pillow-top mattress for the carpet next to princess' bed and you're sure she is breathing better in her humidified, cherry menthol smelling room.
Some times there are thorns...
But oh the Roses.