Monday, August 09, 2010

Tres Chic Dress Form Card

So coloring with Copics is cathartically relaxing right?  I think I am in love.  (As I typed those sentences my two girls and my nephew {all under age 3} each let out screams rising in pitch and intensity to an absurdly ear-shattering ring.  Ahhhhhhh!  600 toys and they always want the same one, ya know?  At least I can look at my card and remember that I actually get some relaxing moments.)


The dress form image is a digi-stamp from Priscilla Styles' site, Crafters Digital Art Center.  Isn't she lovely!  I just found out that my printer ink is compatible with Copics, YAY!!  I used the wonderful sketch from Priscilla Styles over at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.  You can see that I rotated the sketch a bit.


The colored dress forms are accented with Perfect pearls.  It's hard to see here, but the green of the last dress is also pearlized.  I cut out some cute crowns to top each of the dress forms.  I used part of a gold doily for the circle element.  I was afraid of making a big ol' mess, but I decided to get brave and distress with Black Soot.  Luckily a mess was avoided, and I do like the result.  Flowers with glitter and pearls and clear pebble centers, and voila!

I gave the inside of the card a fun twist by putting the center rectangle on a flower hinge and hiding space to write behind it.
 

Enjoy!  Happy Monday y'all!

8 comments:

pam124 said...

Holly, all I have to say is WOW, WOW, WOW!! This is SO ELEGANT and BEAUTIFUL. You have showcased Priscilla's digi image to the hilt! I LOVE your details, colors and flowers. GORGEOUS!!

Thanks SO MUCH for joining the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge and we hope you can play again next week!

Hugs
pam
MMSC-GD

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

Hi Holls!
What a gret vintage card you have created with Priscillas dress stand Love the colors adn the crowns are very cool!

Thanks for joining Midnight Madness challenge! See you around ;o)

Mvh
Gunn
MMSCDT

Tracy Vinson said...

Oh my....where have you been??? I love your card and your blog!!! Thanks for joining us this week. We always appreciate those who take the time to enter their lovely projects such as yours. Blessings, Tracy--MMDT

Carol Hurlock said...

Ooo La La Holly this is quite the creation. I love what you did with Priscilla's digi. This is just fantabulous!!! Great job with the sketch. Thank you so much for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}
Midnight Madness Design Team

Lovely Linda said...

Oh my giddy aunt Holly - what are you doing to me - you have made Priscilla's image look so good, I am going to have to work a lot harder to produce anything near this standard of gorgeousness! LOL! Love it - love the crowns too - you card is just gorgeous - I am going to have to case the style of card - if that is okay! This is a favourite with me! Love it! Thanks for joining us this week at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week, we love to see you and hope to see you again next week! {{{hugs }}}
Linda MMSC Design Team

eclectic archivist said...

very impressive!

Denise @ kc242 said...

What a beautiful card! Congrats on being on the Midnight Madness DT. I am looking forward to working with you!
Denise
MMDT

Priscilla said...

OH Holly, I know I am late, but I just adore your card and just had to come comment. You have made such a beautiful card and I love how you used the image. Thank you for making such a pretty card :) Thank you for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenge and I am sure I will be seeing a lot more from you ;)
Priscilla