Tuesday, October 20, 2009

You're 1 ~ Rock ON (MMSC#23)

I used the Midnight Madness #23 for this 1st birthday card for my nephew. He is one rockin' lil dude! I wanted to put a twist on the sketch so I did the opening doors on the front of the card.



Then for the burst shape in the corner, this grungeboard crossbones worked great. You can't tell in this picture, but he's all sparkly silver from Glimmer Mist. Two different sized black rhinestones accent his eyes and pull in the bling on the instruments above.




This is the front of the card with the doors open. I used a Tim Holtz mini compass mask on taupe paper with Silver Glimmer Mist for a negative image. Then I flipped the wet mask over and "stamped" the inside of the card with the positive image. (See below.) Pretty cool little trick I picked up along the way. The "1" is Rusty Pickle chipboard, and I just love it! I was so excited to use it in such a stand-out way.



This is the inside of the card with the front doors still opened.



I hope everyone enjoys my card and wants to come back for more. :) Hee hee. I love blogging.

Holly,Siggy,Rhinestone,Name

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Holly you did a great job! I am loving this card!

Priscilla said...

What a FUN card!!! I can feel the vibrations from that rocken music!!! LOL you put a lot of thought in this one and it was time well spent..it came out ROCKEN (sorry couldn't resist) Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenge. It has been a pleasure checking out your work and I can't wait to see what you come up with for MMSC24
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess