Friday, September 14, 2012

Prize Surprise Swap

Tabitha at Creative Wings Boutique hosted the most wonderful swap recently, and I am delighted I decided to play.  We each created a Prize Ribbon for our partner.  I have never tried one, so it was a joy to dig into my fabrics and doodads to come up with something for my partner Hope.

Here is the ribbon I made just for her.  Oh boy did I have fun with the pleating.  Really, though, I love that kind of stuff.  Hee hee!

I did it all in creams and whites.  I just loved playing in the satin and swiss dot.

It all lent so nicely to gold accents, a rhinestone and pearl brooch for some bling, an shimmery alcohol inked H for Hope, and a tiny bit of millinery.

And here is the beauty Hope made and sent to me.  Lovely don't you think?

Oh how I love pink.

And bling.

I forgot to photo the deliciously gorgeous vintage magenta velvet back.  {love sigh}

Bonne Chance, Hope told me, means Good Luck.  I love it Hope!  Thank you so much for being such a wonderful swap partie.
Can you tell I was having fun with my photo taking?
I love this one.

I keep thinking of something my mom says, "You want a medal, or a chest to pin it on."  I'm sure she got it from her dad.  We affectionately call these little sayings, "Grandpa Don-isms."  Of course I need to change mine to... "I've got a ribbon, now all I need is a dress form to pin it on!"  :)

7 comments:

Diana Fernandez said...

Holly, I love your badge/ metal!!! it's super fabulous!!

HI! I'm Tabitha said...

both ribbons are wonderful holly...I luv how everyone made something soo different...i luv swaps....im one a swap roll..hugs

Unknown said...

OH I just love your white and creams, the pleating is devine! And Hope did a wonderful job. So sorry that I missed out on this swap.

Hugs
Caroline

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

What a fun idea for a swap! It's so pretty!
Warmly,
deb

Kimberly at ArtJoyStuff said...

Hi Holly,
You two were both lucky to be paired in this swap, beautiful ribbons by you and Hope.
So, I see we are paired in Caroline's swap, yippee!!!
I will be sure to let you know once your Altered Cabinet Card is in the mail.
enJOY a beautiful Sunday,
Kimberly

hope ellington said...

holly~it was so fun to swap with you! your camera skills are quite better than mine. i must remember black & white it looks lovely! did not think to do that! so pretty! i remember that saying your mother used....but i so like yours better...the more dress forms the better too! your post is wonderful & the swap was so fun!
xo~hope

vikki said...

Love the ribbon you made and the one you recieved. What a fun party.