Thursday, May 19, 2011

Mystic Paper May Project

Oh boy did I ever have a wonderful time playing with the Tim Holtz Kraft Resist Paper from my Mystic Paper kit this month.  Be sure to stop by the other design team member's blogs (Jenna & Sheri) to see what they did too.

I just love kraft colored paper so, I wanted to get as much use out of the 8 sheets of paper as I could, including the backs.  I decided make a journal using fabric hankies as the covers with the cool TH papers all decorated inside.  The plain back side of the papers makes perfect space for writing.  Hard to see them here but the TH charm and pin I attached to the seam binding bows say, "Wonderful Thoughts."

The front of the journal

 Inside the with all the pages layered up.

Close up of the AWESOME paper.  You can see the resist, in the swirly line and the black printed butterflys.  I painted them with Glimmer Mist.  In the very last photo here I took a pic in bright sunshine so you can see the actual sparkle.

Some stamping and inking on the blank side of the paper.  As well as the cool Paris postmark resisting the pink Glimmer Mist.

Music notes resisting peach GM.  Plus I added a Crafty Secrets journal spot and stamped a little.

This ledger page I folded and glued to make a pocket, then used Mustard Seed ink followed by Iridescent Gold glimmer mist.

Look at all these fun layers.  By this point I was really playing!  See how I tied seam binding around a page to hold pieces on... like the envelope tag here.

I love this pattern paper.  I painted the lady's hat and dress with Glimmer Mist.  You really have to imagine this book all glittery which is so nice with the muted kraft.

More painting with GM, this time in a patchwork style.

This page I tried to just splash paint haphazardly (but leaving "Paris" untouched.


So here you get an idea of the sparkle all throughout the journal and also how nice and shiny the resist is on the paper.

I hope you liked looking at my journal.  I feel I really only scratched the surface with what neat things could be done to this awesome paper.

Have a wonderful day! H

3 comments:

Createology said...

Your hanky journal with all of its fabulous pages is just amazing. This is the perfect gift for mom, brides, bridesmaids, anyone actually. I can even see a manly hanky/bandanna version for the men. Thank you for sharing this.

Tina said...

Your journal is awesome Holly. Love the colors and details.
Thank you so much for visiting over at my place and for entering my giveaway.
Wishing you a lovely day
xo Tina

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

Your project turned out FAB Holly. The Kraft Resist paper is so versatile, so many different things that could be done. I had fun playing with it too!!