Monday, April 18, 2011

Domino Mini Book Part 2

Ah now for more photos and little tidbits and tips on one of my finished Domino Mini Books.  You can see a tutorial on how to make these in PART 1 and photos and notes on the other book in PART 3.

Front cover: The tealy design is made by placing lace over the domino, adding alcohol ink, and allowing to dry before I removed the lace. Pretty cool huh? Then I just glued the paper Marie over that.
**The covers may seem like the hardest part, but really they are the most fun! :) There are tons of things you can do to them. Alcohol inks work great. Try Pearl with the brighter colors to make pastels. If you don't like how it's turning out, wipe it off with rubbing alcohol and begin again. :) The pleasure is in the process, just have fun! You don't even have to use alcohol inks, but this is a great place to try.**

I attached the rhinestones to the paper with Glossy Accents. And the paper and lace materials to the dominoes with 3 in 1. 

Here are the 10 teensy interior pages with all sorts of different decorations. 

Stamping and glitter paper. Notice I did distress ink the edges of the pages. 

Some music paper and glimmer misted dresden. 

For this double set of pages, I stamped directly onto the base paper. A little chancy, but if you mess up, you can always cover it. 

I stamped with StazOn on the back and attached a piece of punched glitter paper with 3 in 1 glue.

So, did I tell ya these are addicting?  They should probably come with a bitsy warning.

2 comments:

Rella said...

You are so cute! How dear of you to share the creation of your little books here in bloglandia.......I imagine you have sparked a new obsession. Yours are stunning, my friend...really stunning.

xox Rella

Gio said...

Such a lovely domino book!! Very inspiring!