Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Sass & Class

That's what 1940's girls are made of.


Miss Bernita Carlson lived with my great-grandparents for 3 years during WWII when her mother died.  She was like their own.

This layout is Part 2 of my May project for Mystic Paper.  Isn't the Prima paper amazing?

Lot's of fun techniques here:
  • Stamping with StazOn onto clear acetate circles (Using the Hardware stamp set from Crafty Secrets)
  • Elevate the clear circles with pop dots, **cover the dots with the cute Prima chipboard journal stickers
  • Tear a "photo shaped" hole, file and grunge it up for a shabby chic look
  • Use Grungeboard hinges and rhinestone brads to hold it open
  • Scrunch and gather ribbon into place using Beacons 3in1 glue
  • Sew, Sew, Sew (seriously, once I got started, I didn't want to stop
  • The small flowers are Prima.  Two of them (the pink and brown) are glimmer misted.
  • The large flowers were HANDMADE from the gorgeous Prima papers.  Can you see the glitter glass?  I spaced out closeups!  Dern it!  :)


And guess what, soon, I will have a technique tutorial posted for you with detailed pictures on exactly how I made my roses.  Cause I love ya!!  Be sure to check out Jenna and Sheri's blogs to see their awesome layouts and cards.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Holly,
These pages are lovely. I am not much of a scrapbooker but every once in a while I like to give it a shot. The flowers are great. Can't wait till you reveal your secret on how you made them ;)
Hugs,
Amada

Anonymous said...

beautiful Holly!

cherry said...

This is gorgeous! cherry

eclectic archivist said...

Your page is amazing!

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

Fabulous page!